Friday, October 25, 2013

happy halloween | west virginia

We recently traveled to the beautiful state of West Virginia to visit some dear friends.  One of the coolest things we did was visit a pumpkin farm / apple orchard.  Nothing like we have here ~ I'm talking acres of pumpkins growing on the vine that you literally walk and cut off and take home!!!

There was face painting, hayrides,  a corn maze, and an apple shooter.  (Think potato gun - but on a much larger scale that shoots apples.)  We all had a go at it... and guess who was the only one out of the 8 of us to hit the farthest target ~ you got it, little ole' ME!.  My reward ~ I got to shoot the great BIG PUNKIN' CHUNKER!!!  Oh yeah, I was the coolest Mom EVER that day, lol!

And of course we did the corn maze ~ we had a race to see who could get out the quickest {45 minutes.}  We picked our pumpkins and rode the hayride.  And the kids hit us up for the face painting the second we got there...  We ate caramel popcorn, a bushel of the apples picked from their orchard, and had the time of our lives just hanging with our friends and enjoying the happiness of our kids.  And held true to our promise to carve the pumpkins that night - regardless of how late it was, and the fact that we all had to get up early the next day.  

This will be a Halloween I will never forget.  I am pretty sure my kids won't either...
Life goes by way too fast.  I try to live in the moment as much as possible, which is not easy some days.  I wish you and your family the safest & happiest Halloween ever.  Love on those little ghosts & goblins of yours ~ before you know it they will be grown up.




No comments:

Post a Comment